PARTICIPATION AND MANAGEMENT
There will be various forms of participation, depending on the depth of engagement and the date of entry.
The general research program, including the distribution of participants' resources and the formation of multilateral programs, will be formed by the Advisory Council, which will include representatives of the founding members of the IRC, permanent participants of multilateral programs, representatives of the operating organization and independent experts representing leading scientific institutions and industry-specific regional and international organizations.
- The consortium agreement defines the relationship between the participants and secures a share in the reactor resource (neutron flux), depending on the amount of the contribution of the partner.
- Associate members and main participants have to join the Consortium and accept its rules in order to conclude an irradiation services contract.
- IRC MBIR Consortium Leader is responsible for financing the difference between the cost of the reactor and the raised funding from the participants of the Consortium.
Key reasons to join IRC MBIR
- Reactor complex MBIR is a unique tool for the technologies of the future and also for the experimental studies for improving the technologies of the present.
- Merging financial and scientific resources will improve the efficiency of all the parties involved.
- Cost sharing via international syndicate provides the best value for money vs a national research reactor and saving on the national infrastructure required to build and operate a research reactor.
- The first to come will be the first to define the configuration of the equipping and prioritize the research areas.
- A platform for knowledge sharing via joint research may be established.
- Research institutions with the aging reactors will have an opportunity for continuous research in case their own reactors are shut down and will get extra time for strategic decisions on a replacing option.
- The operator with 60years of research reactor managing experience and on-site supporting facilities guaranty safe and due performance of the reactor and experiments execution.
Thesaurus of the International Nuclear Information System for corporate communication between IRC members: INIS Thesaurus